Welcome to the Jones and More Blogg

Please feel free to comment, but remember the old saying:
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Monday, September 22, 2014

Been A Long Time

Well, it has a been a long time since I blogged. There has been so much in the lives of my family going on that stopping and making time to do this has just slipped into one of the many other activities that were lost. Since the last time I posted a blog there have been some exciting events to occur. Peyton was born in March of 2011, Nick and Nicole have sold their house and building a big new one, Nick as become a school Counselor, Nicole is selling houses like crazy and Bailey has now started 1st grade and Peyton is in Preschool. Alex is now engaged to his high school sweetheart. That is a story within itself. Alex and Lauren had dated when they were in high school. After she kept breaking up with him (3 times) he would not go out with her again in high school. They parted friends and she went away to college in Ohio. After moving to California after college, she finally came home to KY. Alex and Lauren had stayed in contact over the years and started to date again. Now they are engaged to be married on Jan 23, 2016. I had told Mark, my husband, when they were dating that she would be one of our daughter-in-laws. Sometimes you can just tell right off the bat when it is right. Mark is wanting to retire, but I don’t want him to yet. It seems a silly thing to do when we still have one child at home and not yet out on his own. But, I am trying to be a good wife and not make demands on him. He will do what is right for our family. We have lost a pet, Sadie. Sadie was my snuggle dog. She died as I listened to her last heart beat after having a stroke last October(2013). It has been almost a year and I still shead tears from time to time. Nicole and Nick had to have their dog Jackson put down due to a stroke also in July on 2014. I am still the General Manager at Theatres of Georgetown. I love my job, even though sometimes it drives me crazy! The theatre is doing ok and we are looking at expansions! Personally, I wish my boss would think through and look at all possible points before he says we are going to so a certain promotion. We all love to do promotions, but we need enough time to put them together properly. Anyway, that is the big items in the Jones family since last I was here. We are fortunate to have a wonderful, loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment